KM4Dev Core Group Meeting - 2011-09-21
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 3 Action points
- KM4dev meeting on Sept 30 ( Review day's agenda (copied below), session by session - Who does what? - What do we need (i.e. preparations, logistics, materials, etc.)
- KM4dev Share Fair session on Sept 29 (Update by Carl and Ewen - What do we need (i.e. preparations, logistics, materials, etc.))
- Sept 29 Core group meeting (Update on location/time - List of agenda items)
- Cozy corner (Furniture and material update (Sophie?) - Volunteers list)
- Social evening (update by Sophie)
- Social reporting
- Email Sophie about recombining the KM4Dev and SF lists
Participated to this discussion: Davide, Ewen, Jasmin, Lucie, Melissa, Nancy, Natalie, Pete, Sophie.
1. KM4Dev meeting 30 Sept - discussion
We will have the big rooms downstairs for the meeting. We have the general plan for the day and need to finalise it on Tuesday.
Two important get-togethers to discuss a number of things
- LUNCH TIME Monday: touch base for cozy corner KM4Dev at 'Chill out corner'.
- LUNCH TIME Tuesday: touch base to sort out meeting 30 Sept.
Nancy is at IFAD on 22 Sept. talking with Roxy and Willem and can take up any question for them. Uncertain issues - to clarify on Monday:
- Confirming coffee breaks (Nancy).
- Confirming supplies (Sophie).
- Confirming break out rooms (Nancy).
- Confirming if we have a cozy corner - sthg as simple as chairs and space - perhaps we can grab - To figure out on Monday.
The agenda of the meeting is available on this Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwJLKGXQlyDlU2iMHKynq86V0Cg4zPTGjSQCpoEep04/edit?hl=en_US
Core group meeting
2. Cosy corner
It will be downstairs or in the tent outside.If we need a flipchart, we can just ask for it.Nancy will get back to us on this.The flyer: not a priority.Moo cards: Pete's got them and will bring them along.
Carl not around and Ewen didn't work on this since the last discussion so this point was only briefly touched upon.
Sophie: Didn't we agree that other folks would also be facilitators? Jasmin volunteered.We will sort this session out on Monday when we meet up at the chill out corner (lunch time).Lucie has been working on a list of KM4Dev milestones that she will share with this group and anyone can add missing bits.
4. KM4Dev core group meeting
There are 2 separate discussions:
- One in small committee, concrete and important to have IFAD's involvement about
- One in the wider group, as we usually do in annual events, welcoming anyone and dealing with issues that are perhaps more open-ended and do not require IFAD's presence
Small committee discussion with IFAD (probably Wedn. 28 - time to be determined)
When? Ideally on Wednesday early evening. It probably would be difficult to get a dinner/meeting for the core group on Thu. 29. OR: lunch meeting THU? But difficult around lunch. OR Open Space on Wednesday? We need to ask them when they're available. Nancy will clarify with Roxy and Willem.
When to announce that we have had the grant? --> perhaps on Friday? (Nancy to ask Roxy/Willem about that).
Do we need more core group time than for the Thursday evening? At 7pm we should be out of the venue?
We bookmark Wed 28,1730 - 1830/1900 for Core Group discussion (and possibly continue over dinner).
Issues for Wednesday: google doc, finance report (need Riff), IFAD grant to start.
Wednesday cocktails will follow our discussion.
Wider core group discussion (Thursday 29, 17.30 - 19.00 [Ewen: not sure about exact timing for this one])
The other (official) core group meeting (http://wiki.km4dev.org/wiki/index.php/KM4dev_core_meet_Thu_29_Sept_evening) could deal with the following issues: Core group ToR, CG membership, volunteers, small grants.
This discussion will be followed by a dinner. For the dinner there are 7 proposals, of which 4 are possible - Luca and Sophie to sort out and if need be ask someone from the core group.
We might address the wiki on Friday only.
5. Social evening
- Thursday - see above and needs sorting out on Monday.
- Friday: let's see what happens? Friday is a special day in Rome for which restaurants do not like having big groups.
Sophie found a good place and will book the Friday night restaurant near Via Veneto (Spagna metro)
Dinner time: 20.00 for both dinners (Thursday, Friday)
6. Social reporting
Hashtags for Twitter: #SFRome / Peter Bury to enlighten us about a KM4Dev hashtag? Ewen will check this. Alternative tags possible: #KM4Dev2011 or #KM4Dev11
We are all supposed to do our own social reporting for our sessions - linking in to IFAD.
Monday lunch time: meet up to discuss this too.
7. Reconciling the two participants list (SFRome/KM4Dev)
Natalie has the 2 lists. Sophie informs us it's too late to work on this. Badges are being issued. Badges can be created for participants to only KM4Dev.More people have registered for KM4Dev since 17 September. We need to send the updated version of the list to see who is registered.Natalie will send the latest list to Roxy and IFAD members copie on message of 17 September and ask them to let us know who is not registered so that we can ask KM4Dev participants to do it or IFAD to produce the badges.
- Nancy to check with IFAD about announcing grant on Friday + about best time for core group meeting + about cozy corner + graphic facilitation paper + coffee breaks (only coffee/tea - is it possible in IFAD)?
- Sophie to send the file with menus and prices - Luca and Sophie to sort out and if need be ask someone from the core group.
- Sophie to book the Friday night restaurant Il Pomodorino Via Campania 45/e 20.00 (metro: Spagna).
- Lucie to send the milestones to this group and see where people fit in to incorporate their story on the road - all to give feedback and add stuff.
- Natalie will send the latest list to Roxy and IFAD members copie on message of 17 September and ask them to let us know who is not registered so that we can ask KM4Dev participants to do it or IFAD to produce the badges.
- Ewen to check with Peter about the KM4Dev event hashtag - #KM4Dev11? #KM4Dev2011?
- EVERYONE available for it to meet up on Monday at lunch at the chill out corner to discuss a) where to base our cozy corner, b) the 29/09 session of KM4Dev at the Share Fair, c) social reporting for the 30/09 annual event and d) the social evening on Thursday evening.
- EVERYONE available for it to meet up on Tuesday at lunch at the chill out corner to discuss the 30/09 annual event set up.
That was it for KM4Dev 2011 on the wiki - the rest is at the event itself!