The Knowledge Management for Development Journal is a peer-reviewed, community-based journal on knowledge management for development – for and by development practitioners, researchers and policymakers - and is closely related to the KM4Dev community.
The journal publishes research papers, case studies and short ‘community notes' which have a knowledge management component and relate to international development. Development in this specific context relates to such topics as aid/assistance to developing countries, international cooperation and poverty alleviation. Examples of relevant sub-sectors include health, agriculture, education, gender empowerment, policy issues, and so forth.
The journal is concerned with the role of knowledge in development processes. This might include knowledge management within an organisation, from small community-based organisations to large multilateral ones; knowledge process with the grassroots; and description and analysis of knowledge networks. The journal also aims to promote cross-fertilisation with other fields and, in particular, to provide a platform to share information on approaches that throw light on the development sector-wide knowledge system. By challenging current assumptions and promoting cross-fertilisation, the journal seeks to stimulate new thinking and to shape future ways of working.
The journal appears three times a year: in May, September and December.
- This is the archive site (2005-2008) of the peer-reviewed, community journal on knowledge management in development - for and by development practitioners and researchers http://journal.km4dev.org/index.php/km4dj
- As of the beginning of 2009, Taylor and Francis is publishing the KM4D Journal as a printed journal. You can currently find the authors' copies from 2009 and 2010 below:
Volume 5, 2009
- Volume 5, number 1, May 2009 - Special Issue: Collaborative Learning: the Role of Organisational Knowledge Management Strategies
- Volume 5, number 2, September 2009
- Volume 5, number 3, December 2009 - Special Issue: Learning for the Water Sector: Quenching the Thirst for Knowledge and Bridging The Banks?
Volume 6, 2010
Volume 9, 2013
- Volume 9, number 3, December 2013 - Special Issue: Facilitating multi-stakeholder processes: balancing internal dynamics and institutional politics