The KM4Dev experience as a context for thinking about its future
To develop a more individual and concrete picture of the KM4Dev experience and get a sense of what specific groups might envision as KM4Dev's future, a short questionnaire was administered to 4 specific groups:
An individual email was sent to people in the following groups:
|Group||Number reached by email||Number of completed questionnaires|
|Seattle Face-to-Face meeting -- July 2013||60||17|
|Core Group - Current||14||5|
|Core Group - Past||20||3|
|Conversational Leaders (identified in Durant-Law study as "Escorts")||14||3|
Respondents were asked the following questions. Response were sent back along with requests for clarification when appropriate.
This short questionnaire is part of a series to gather information about the participation and experience of several different groups in KM4Dev. (Each group was described in the questionnaire to provide a context for the questions that follow. This questionnaire is for gathering stories from them. You are invited to complete it more than once if you have additional stories to tell. Responses will be used to describe the dynamics of involvement so that others can benefit from your experience. They will only be used anonymously unless you give me your permission. Drop me a line at John.Smith at LearningAlliances (dot) net if you have any questions or concerns.
- Email address PLEASE provide your email address. I will use it to identify you, to send you back a copy of your responses (I hope they are meaningful to you, maybe even worth keeping), to figure out who hasn't participated yet (to understand participation rates in several different groups in this study), and to allow me to check back with you for clarification or to ask you for permission to quote you.)
- Type of experience (Think of a key experience or event in connection with KM4Dev, either inspiring or discouraging or just typical. You can describe other experiences by responding more than once.)
- Inspiring (positive)
- Discouraging (negative)
- What happened? (The more detail you provide about where, how, or who was involved, the better.)
- When did this experience occur?
- Did that experience influence your participation, work or actions later on? If so, how?
- Did it change your role or connections to people in KM4Dev or elsewhere? If so, how?
- Did it change your thinking or views? If so, how?
- Has your connection to KM4Dev changed since that time? If so, how?
- Do you think KM4Dev has changed since then? If so, how?
- Given your experience, would you share any suggestions for the future development of KM4Dev?v
Selected responses will be posted here.
As part of the "augmenting strategy" call, Melissa Bator followed up with several of the respondents from this questionnaire. The summaries of these interviews may be found on the KM4Dev Futures: Interviews with Current Members page.