KM4D Journal - Minutes of editors' meeting of 15 January 2015

From KM4Dev Wiki
Revision as of 14:09, 26 February 2015 by Ewen Le Borgne (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

PRESENT: Ewen Le Borgne, Lucie Lamoureux, Sarah Cummings

i. ISSUES

Discussion

  • December 2014: Almost ready, 7 papers, all done, just need to write the editorial, first week of Feb.
  • May 2015: 12 papers came through (out of 17 accepted abstracts). Going well. Balanced and interesting issue. Some papers possibly overflowing to non thematic issues of 2015. Interesting, balanced, some people couldn't meet deadline so may spill over to next issues. Deadline for submission 1 March. Complaints about the papers from Philip about not papers not being academic. But this is a 'practce' isse, synthesising the practice.
  • September 2015: non-thematic issue
  • December 2015: eLearning? In relation/collaboration with eLearning Africa? Leave to the next call

ACTIONS

  • NEW Need to talk about assessment sheet for papers?
  •  ?
  • Ewen to reject abstracts on the site for issue 11.1. DONE
  • Sarah and Ivan to brainstorm on topics for Sept and Dec issues. ADDRESSED


ii. ADMIN

Discussion

  • - Need to uplaod old missing issues, if not Sarah to get help Ewen
  • All to look at journal metrics and outreach

ACTION

  • .


iii. PROMOTION

ACTIONS

  • Next meeting: All the editors need to look at ideas for marketing in handbook


iv. SURVEY

ACTION

  • Sarah: to do before next meeting


v. OAJS

Discussion

  • Re: the types of articles (and overview of articles that was shared by Ewen):
    • Should we explain what an editorial should look like? Sarah to add a description of Editorial in the handbook
    • Should we add the 'full download' for each and every issue (as we used to in the past)? Ignore.
    • Should we allow 'dialogues', 'Letter to the editors' as was once proposed (and then include description in the handbook)? Ignore.
    • We once (issue 9.2) had 'tools and methods' as an item type but never specified what it looks like. Should we do that now? Sarah to specify on handbook.
    • Do we want to include other types of items such as: Pinterest board? Other collection of bookmarks? Blog post of the month? Debate between 2 authors (cross-fire like)? Life story / portrait? Ewen to write guidelines for this.


ACTIONS:

  • .
  • .
  • .


vi. Misc.

Discussion

  • Should think of doing "super issues" of KM4DJ on a certain theme (e.g. CoP), bringing all articles together. Or even something curated and presented on the list, on our Ning page etc. on specific issues, rather than doing 'real' issues... Ewen will explore this.
  • Update of assessment sheet - Lucie to first consult with KM4Dev sending a copy of current assessment list and asking for criteria for practice and academia. Lucie to wait for first issue of the journal at the beginning of Feb.
  • .


ACTIONS

  • .
  • .

PROPOSED DATE FOR NEXT MEETING: Thurs, February 26 at 3pm (CET)