Updated: 1 September 2017
The Knowledge Management for Development Journal is a peer-reviewed, community-based journal on knowledge management for development – for and by development practitioners, researchers and policymakers - and is closely related to the KM4Dev community. The Journal publishes research papers, case studies, interviews, stories and 'community notes' which have a knowledge management component and relate to international development. Development in this specific context relates to such topics as aid/assistance to developing countries, international cooperation and poverty alleviation. Examples of relevant sub-sectors include health, agriculture, education, gender empowerment, policy issues, and so forth.
The journal is produced by volunteers. You can always contact the senior editors of the journal through: KM4DJfirstname.lastname@example.org or editor in chief Sarah Cummings at: email@example.com
Engage with the journal
- Readers: Communicate with editors and authors, and the wider journal community: http://www.km4dev.org/group/km4djournal . Read the Journal in three language interfaces:
- English http://journal.km4dev.org/en
- Français http://journal.km4dev.org/fr
- Español http://journal.km4dev.org/es
- Authors: Register and submit your articles and develop issues on the official page of the journal: http://journal.km4dev.org/index.php/km4dj/index. You can also read specific author guidelines.
- Editors: Find all support you need to get an issue of the journal organised at: http://wiki.km4dev.org/KM4D_Journal_-_Editors%27_Workspace
Past and future issues
The list of recent and forthcoming issues can be found here: List of issues
Copyright issues and access model
The copyright of the articles published in this journal remains the property of the authors. For liability reasons, the title belongs to the Foundation for the Support of the Knowledge Management for Development Journal. The journal is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike License.
This journal is currently an open access journal as it has a funding model that does not charge readers or their institutions for access. From the BOAI definition  of "open access", we support the rights of users to "read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles." However, some of the content (2009-2012) is only available on the Taylor and Francis website. Within the next few months, these issues too will become available on the Journal platform http://journal.km4dev.org/index.php/km4dj/index.