Online Powerpoint Slide Library
From: Judith Henderson, posted on 2008/11/10
I am in the middle of compiling a report using slides from a number of different powerpoint presentations - I got to thinking about how to organise powerpoint slides into a "library" and on delving into the help section of MS Office, discovered that it can only really be done using a server and Share Point - neither of which I have access to -
so anyone got any suggestions for me? Please? A couple of issues to bear in mind - some of us use MS office, some use Macs! We are also spread geographically, so an internet solution might be a good idea.
Grateful once again for the community's assistance...
Henderson Library and Information Services.
All replies in full are available in the discussion page. Contributions received with thanks from:
James J. Tarrant
Ewen Le Borgne
[the meat of the topic – clearly, crisply communicated summary of the topic. Where relevant, a brief story – no more than 1-2 paragraphs - of how this topic has been turned into practice, ideally from the KM4Dev archives? If the example is long, separate into a separate subsection]
Examples in Application
[One or a few practical examples and references that illustrate the topic or show how it is done in practice]
- Slide Share - Slide sharing platform
- Mediawiki - Wiki software
- Wikia - Free hosting for Mediawiki based wikis
- Techniques for PowerPoint training materials
- Memopal - Online storage solution
- 280 slides
- Project Spaces
- slidecasting (link not working)
- Scribd - a popular platform for sharing not only slides but other formats of documents as well. It supports thematic categories and user assigned tags.