- 1 KM4Dev 2017 event Geneva
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 Programme proposed
- 1.3 Registration
- 1.4 Join the KM4Dev2017Geneva dGroup to stay informed and participate now, during and, after the events
- 1.5 Venue for the KM4Dev 2 April day
- 1.6 Suggestions on Visa for Switzerland / France
- 1.7 Suggestions regarding accomodation
- 1.8 Invitation letters and co-sponsoring your participation
KM4Dev 2017 event Geneva
KM4Dev was actively involved in the Knowledge for Development Summits in Vienna in October 2016. At these events KM4Dev was awarded through KMA for its work as a global community of practice. We used the opportunity to also hold a KM4Dev2016Vienna gathering at which KMA's Andreas Brandner took the decision to join the KM4Dev Coregroup.
This eventually led to involve KM4Dev in the organization of the Knowledge for Development: Global Partnership Conference 2017, to be held in Geneva from 3-4 April 2017 at the Palais des Nations, Conference Room XXIV. We refer to this event on a separate page K4D2017Geneva Conference.
Back-to-back to this event KM4Dev proposes to organize a full day KM4Dev2016Geneva event just before on Sunday 2 April 2017. Purpose, programme and practicals will follow shortly.
Our idea is to use the KM4Dev day also as preparation for the next day's conference. For this we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Agenda Knowledge for Development and the proposed Knowledge Development Goals that may reinforce the Sustainable Development Goals process. In any case the KM4Dev day programme proposes as centre piece a multi round Open Space, which allows any topics that raise interest among participants to be discussed.
Join the dedicated dGroup to converse about all this as of now!
Please register here to participate in the KM4Dev2017Geneva event on site or online, you can also indicate in the table your intention to participate in the separate K4D2017Geneva.
Join the KM4Dev2017Geneva dGroup to stay informed and participate now, during and, after the events
A dedicated dGroup discussionlist serves to inform and interact with all those interested to join preparations, up-front discussions, on site or online presence during this event and the contextual K4D2017Geneva one, and reflecting on it afterwards. Join us here 
Venue for the KM4Dev 2 April day
The final decision will be made not later than March 1st. It is likely to be the Flory room transformed into one big Open Space.
Suggestions on Visa for Switzerland / France
We currently cannot offer official invitation letters. We hope the K4D Conference and KM4Dev programme and the fact that the conference is convened by the United Nations in Geneva may be sufficient for visa applications with the Swiss authorities. Swiss Visa information. Please keep in mind that if you wish to use accommodation in France, you may need a Visa for France as well.
Suggestions regarding accomodation
- Low-budget KM4Dev'rs may join Jaap & Peter at City Hostel Geneva. Peter J. Bury and Jaap Pels stay there in a shared 4 bed room.
- Booking.com tip: look for accommodation in Ferney Voltaire (France), it is cheaper and well connected by bus.
- Airbnb tip: look for (shared) accommodation in Ferney Voltaire (France), it is cheaper and well connected by bus.
- John Knox Center at walking distance of Palais des Nations and likely to be the venue for the KM4Dev 2 April event.
Invitation letters and co-sponsoring your participation
KM4Dev currently does not have access to funding for qualifying participants from emergent (poor) countries. We suggest you explore relevant agencies and funding sources in your own country. As for providing an invitation letter to facilitate your Visa request, we will provide information soon about what we can provide.