KM4D Journal - Minutes of editors' meeting of December 2010

From KM4Dev Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

  • [07/12/2010 11:02:08] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah thanks for sending academic network details to Stacey
  • [07/12/2010 11:02:16] Ewen Le Borgne: Thanks Lucie
  • [07/12/2010 11:02:57] Ewen Le Borgne: Mail KM4Dev authors for copyrights issues 1-4. Is it ok fo T&F to use their files?
  • [07/12/2010 11:03:46] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah doing issue 1
  • [07/12/2010 11:03:53] Ewen Le Borgne: Ewen doing issue 2
  • [07/12/2010 11:03:58] Ewen Le Borgne: Lucie issue 3
  • [07/12/2010 11:04:03] Ewen Le Borgne: Ivan volunteered for issue 4
  • [07/12/2010 11:04:07] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah will contact him about this
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:10] Ewen Le Borgne: Correction: volume 4
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:11] Sarah Cummings: the absent are always wrong!
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:14] Ewen Le Borgne: Vol .4 Ewen
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:20] Ewen Le Borgne: Vol.3 Lucie
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:24] Ewen Le Borgne: vol. 2 Ivan
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:27] Ewen Le Borgne: Vol. 1 Sarah
  • [07/12/2010 11:06:57] Ewen Le Borgne: Other issue: we have to get more people on the editorial Board
  • [07/12/2010 11:07:07] Ewen Le Borgne: Perhaps P. Lambe would be a good person to invite
  • [07/12/2010 11:07:20] Ewen Le Borgne: SInce he's coming over to the K- day in Feb. 2011 we could meet f2f w/ him
  • [07/12/2010 11:07:27] Ewen Le Borgne: The other person is Eric Tsui
  • [07/12/2010 11:07:44] Ewen Le Borgne: He's brought many people (the bulk of Hong Kong students) on KM4Dev
  • [07/12/2010 11:08:07] Ewen Le Borgne: The person in charge of the KM curriculum in Botswana could be a good person to invite too
  • [07/12/2010 11:10:00] Ewen Le Borgne: Olivier Sagna (CODESRIA) could be invited too
  • [07/12/2010 11:10:36] Ewen Le Borgne: And Alexander Flor (Philippines)
  • [07/12/2010 11:10:46] Ivan Kulis: Here I am -- happy to volunteer :)
  • [07/12/2010 11:10:52] Ewen Le Borgne: Hello Ivan!
  • [07/12/2010 11:11:22] Ewen Le Borgne: Alex (Sandy) Flor has written a few books on KM
  • [07/12/2010 11:11:26] Sarah Cummings: Hi Ivan can you hear us?
  • [07/12/2010 11:11:37] Ewen Le Borgne: Can you try and call either of us?
  • [07/12/2010 11:11:42] Ivan Kulis: OK, calling
  • [07/12/2010 11:12:10] Ewen Le Borgne: Ednah Karamagi could be on
  • [07/12/2010 11:14:45] Ivan Kulis: Editorial board: are we looking for content people only, or also for people that can bring journal management knowledge? My tutor has started two journals, he might be a good resource person (but not content-wise).
  • [07/12/2010 11:15:00] *** Sarah Cummings removed Ivan Kulis from this conversation. ***
  • [07/12/2010 11:15:09] *** Sarah Cummings added Ivan Kulis ***
  • [07/12/2010 11:16:34] Ewen Le Borgne: Enrica Porcari (CGIAR) could be added
  • [07/12/2010 11:19:08] Ewen Le Borgne: Has there been a board meeting? Not
  • [07/12/2010 11:19:14] Ewen Le Borgne: There will never be
  • [07/12/2010 11:19:27] Ewen Le Borgne: At the next KM4Dev meetign we could try to have as many people as possible
  • [07/12/2010 11:19:42] Ewen Le Borgne: Ivan: Coudl we try to have a smaller group that meets up once a year?
  • [07/12/2010 11:20:04] Ewen Le Borgne: We should prepare a short description of what we expect board members to do
  • [07/12/2010 11:22:03] Ewen Le Borgne: A few nembers joined: Paul Hendricks, Stephen Mutula, Hassan Kaya...
  • [07/12/2010 11:22:19] Ewen Le Borgne: 2 other editorial board members could be: Jocelyne Kompaore
  • [07/12/2010 11:22:54] Ewen Le Borgne: And a lady from FIDAFRIQUE
  • [07/12/2010 11:24:14] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah will be fwd'ing what we would like to ask them: reviewing papers, promoting the journal, encouraging people to submit papers
  • [07/12/2010 11:25:38] Lucie Lamoureux: Dr. Jan Rae, Open University: http://www.km4dev.org/profile/DrJanRae?xg_source=profiles_memberList
  • [07/12/2010 11:25:53] Lucie Lamoureux: Stacey Young would be good on the Board
  • [07/12/2010 11:28:06] Ewen Le Borgne: Ewen will contact Stacey Young to become editorial board member
  • [07/12/2010 11:28:47] Ewen Le Borgne: Next item: Valerie's paper and putting this back in the community
  • [07/12/2010 11:31:07] Ewen Le Borgne: January: Ewen will re-read Val's article and find ways to engage teh community about it and prepare a lsit of questions teased out from the article
  • [07/12/2010 11:31:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Other item: interviewing Lucie about her view on the KM4Dev CoP
  • [07/12/2010 11:31:56] Ewen Le Borgne: But how candid can Lucie be?
  • [07/12/2010 11:31:58] Ewen Le Borgne: he he
  • [07/12/2010 11:32:59] Ewen Le Borgne: THe next KM4Dev meeting will be in Rome and we will be revisiting the model.
  • [07/12/2010 11:33:11] Ewen Le Borgne: It could be interesting to look at that then
  • [07/12/2010 11:35:20] Ewen Le Borgne: It would be good to have a grounded reflection on what's happened over the last 10 years...
  • [07/12/2010 11:35:33] Ewen Le Borgne: Lucie: it would be good to have someone I have a relationship with
  • [07/12/2010 11:35:42] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah will carry out the interview in January
  • [07/12/2010 11:36:04] Ewen Le Borgne: No idea about the papers there are...
  • [07/12/2010 11:36:56] Ewen Le Borgne: 3 papers need editing asap by Louise Clarke, Iranian academic and another one
  • [07/12/2010 11:36:58] Lucie Lamoureux: Dr. Simeon Otieno Dulo, U of Nairobi: http://www.km4dev.org/profile/DrSimeonOtienoDulo?xg_source=profiles_memberList
  • [07/12/2010 11:37:02] Ewen Le Borgne: - Article by Iranian on local knowledge;
    • - Article by colleague of Sarah on attitudes of people in HQs about knowledge;
    • - Article by Italian on web 2.0 and dichotomies;
    • - Article from Sri Lanka by Urs Karl Egger;
    • - Article by Bernike?
    • - Article by Louise Clarke?
    • [07/12/2010 11:37:34] Ewen Le Borgne: - Article by Hannah Beardon?
    • - Article by Josine?
    • - Article by UNDP?
    • - Article by Robin Mansell?
  • [07/12/2010 11:37:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Hannah: not an option
  • [07/12/2010 11:37:54] Ewen Le Borgne: Josine will be doing an article
  • [07/12/2010 11:38:04] Ewen Le Borgne: UNDP Kim Henderson has left her position
  • [07/12/2010 11:38:09] Ewen Le Borgne: Not much an option
  • [07/12/2010 11:39:30] Ewen Le Borgne: We don't use formatting guidelines now but we use British ENglish spelling
  • [07/12/2010 11:40:20] Ewen Le Borgne: Articles in: Iranian, Italian, Louise's
  • [07/12/2010 11:40:39] Ewen Le Borgne: What more we can safely expect: Josine's and Bernike's
  • [07/12/2010 11:42:37] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah will chase Josine and Robin
  • [07/12/2010 11:42:52] Ewen Le Borgne: Ben Ramalingam has got another paper potentially usable
  • [07/12/2010 11:42:58] Ewen Le Borgne: I'll chase Nadia again
  • [07/12/2010 11:44:04] Ewen Le Borgne: Last issue: reflections from T&F meeting
  • [07/12/2010 11:44:16] Ewen Le Borgne: Is the EADI payment issue sorted out? Unclear why they haven't paid
  • [07/12/2010 11:45:44] Ewen Le Borgne: T&F are supposed to develop the market
  • [07/12/2010 11:46:06] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah: maybe we should talk to another publisher
  • [07/12/2010 11:46:30] Ewen Le Borgne: There was no interest in what we're doing, it was from T&F's side...
  • [07/12/2010 11:47:09] Ewen Le Borgne: Lucie: this is why I asked if we know what we're going to get
  • [07/12/2010 11:47:27] Ewen Le Borgne: I felt they were more agressive than I expected
  • [07/12/2010 11:47:42] Ewen Le Borgne: for a partnership... e.g. 'you haven't done this, you need to do that'
  • [07/12/2010 11:47:58] Ewen Le Borgne: They don't want to bundle us with other journals which would help
  • [07/12/2010 11:48:18] Ewen Le Borgne: They're not giving us much attention, we're small fry for them
  • [07/12/2010 11:48:27] Ewen Le Borgne: They haven't put much effort in meeting us and all
  • [07/12/2010 11:53:28] Ewen Le Borgne: Back on the editing of the papers: Sarah will make an overview of the papers
  • [07/12/2010 11:53:46] Ewen Le Borgne: http://wiki.km4dev.org/wiki/index.php/KM4D_Journal_-_Editors_wiki_space
  • [07/12/2010 11:56:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Lucie will contact Ben - the paper should be in befoer end of the month, by 20 Dec preferably
  • [07/12/2010 11:57:01] *** Call ended, duration 57:49 ***