KM4D Journal - Minutes of editors' meeting of 7 November 2012

From KM4Dev Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Present: Denise, Ewen, Lucie, Sarah

  • [07-Nov-12 18:10:26] Lucie Lamoureux: carl and pete - prefer open access option
  • [07-Nov-12 18:10:56] Sarah Cummings: Coming issue: 8(3) options ourselves
  • [07-Nov-12 18:10:56] Lucie Lamoureux: 1) we'll do 8.3 ourselves
  • [07-Nov-12 18:11:59] Lucie Lamoureux: 2) routledge published 8 (2) and 8(3) in same issue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:12:15] Sarah Cummings: Pete would prefer open access
  • [07-Nov-12 18:12:30] Lucie Lamoureux: :)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:13:12] Sarah Cummings: CKAS has funding avilable for social learning to help to print for whole year
  • [07-Nov-12 18:13:43] Lucie Lamoureux: only on eissue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:13:46] Lucie Lamoureux: one issue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:14:05] Lucie Lamoureux: good chances that they fund printing and distribution
  • [07-Nov-12 18:14:13] Lucie Lamoureux: at least in part
  • [07-Nov-12 18:14:25] Lucie Lamoureux: better to have as issue 8 (3)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:14:46] Lucie Lamoureux: what do we think?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:02] Lucie Lamoureux: ELB: keep seperate
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:06] Lucie Lamoureux: LL: aggreed
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:26] Lucie Lamoureux: Action point: have decided and issue will be 8 (2)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:35] Lucie Lamoureux: Sarah to write
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah to reactivate open access website
  • [07-Nov-12 18:15:50] Lucie Lamoureux: Action point: Sarah will re-activate Open Access site
  • [07-Nov-12 18:17:15] Lucie Lamoureux: goo-goo-goo
  • [07-Nov-12 18:17:20] Lucie Lamoureux: :)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:23:13] Denise Senmartin: Message to the community: how to announce it? Struggle with no open access (ethically) or? No need for detailed announcement. Maybe good moment to invite people in the community tio help
  • [07-Nov-12 18:24:29] Ewen Le Borgne: Very difficult to hear what's going on (Ilan's shouting in my ear and Liesbeth's away)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:26:12] Denise Senmartin: Just mention we are moving to the open access and that more will come
  • [07-Nov-12 18:27:54] Lucie Lamoureux: support for revising open access platform
  • [07-Nov-12 18:27:58] Lucie Lamoureux: innovation fund
  • [07-Nov-12 18:28:13] Lucie Lamoureux: could be useful for other institutions
  • [07-Nov-12 18:28:25] Lucie Lamoureux: editing time?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:28:35] Lucie Lamoureux: ELB: may be difficult
  • [07-Nov-12 18:29:01] Lucie Lamoureux: action point: ELB will draft ans share
  • [07-Nov-12 18:29:32] Lucie Lamoureux: action point: SC to send something to inform the Ed Board
  • [07-Nov-12 18:30:16] Ewen Le Borgne: Action point: ELB to review board guidelines and set up survey to get ideas on how to improve the journal
  • [07-Nov-12 18:30:57] Lucie Lamoureux: IK: if not heard from him in 6 weeks, he will resign if he hasn't done anything re. marketing
  • [07-Nov-12 18:31:35] Ewen Le Borgne: Jean Mège might be interested in joining the editorial team
  • [07-Nov-12 18:31:40] Lucie Lamoureux: Action point: LL to draft a message to the community
  • [07-Nov-12 18:31:49] Lucie Lamoureux: Action point: SC to write to Ivan
  • [07-Nov-12 18:33:44] Ewen Le Borgne: Action point: ELB to contact Laurens
  • [07-Nov-12 18:35:00] Ewen Le Borgne: First issue of next year: facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
  • [07-Nov-12 18:36:17] Lucie Lamoureux: next year: LAc issue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:36:30] Lucie Lamoureux: open issue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:37:58] Ewen Le Borgne: Next discussion: go through the open access system together once we all have our login/account
  • [07-Nov-12 18:38:35] Ewen Le Borgne: What's going to happen with the T&F issues as we go open access?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:38:44] Ewen Le Borgne: We get them back after 2 years
  • [07-Nov-12 18:39:17] Ewen Le Borgne: Action point: Sarah to ask T&F when we get the open access copies back
  • [07-Nov-12 18:40:07] Ewen Le Borgne: Aciton point: Sarah to work out which issues to put on the wiki or not
  • [07-Nov-12 18:40:18] Denise Senmartin: Action Point: DS to contact Margarita and Kemly regarding LAC 2013 issue
  • [07-Nov-12 18:41:20] Lucie Lamoureux: http://wiki.km4dev.org/KM4D_Journal
  • [07-Nov-12 18:43:14] Ewen Le Borgne: Action point: Ewen to ask Carl/Pete to get all articles for issue 8.3 in by early December and to get them all in the proper format
  • [07-Nov-12 18:43:40] Ewen Le Borgne: They should get the 'about the authors' section
  • [07-Nov-12 18:44:12] Lucie Lamoureux: action point: SC to send 2009 issues for uploading on wiki
  • [07-Nov-12 18:44:20] Lucie Lamoureux: (to LL)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:46:30] Ewen Le Borgne: Action point: Sarah to send Ewen an example of formatting for Carl/Pete to follow
  • [07-Nov-12 18:48:06] Ewen Le Borgne: Wiki with different pages
  • [07-Nov-12 18:48:09] Ewen Le Borgne: Ning group
  • [07-Nov-12 18:48:14] Ewen Le Borgne: Basecamp page
  • [07-Nov-12 18:48:30] Sarah Cummings: 2 dgroups
  • [07-Nov-12 18:48:47] Ewen Le Borgne: one for submitting and one for editors
  • [07-Nov-12 18:49:50] Ewen Le Borgne: It might make sense to merge them
  • [07-Nov-12 18:50:19] Ewen Le Borgne: I can't hear...
  • [07-Nov-12 18:50:28] Denise Senmartin: I hear you
  • [07-Nov-12 18:50:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Ning for discussions? But among who? about what?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:51:04] Ewen Le Borgne: I can hear you on and off
  • [07-Nov-12 18:51:19] Ewen Le Borgne: (like now I can't hear / couldn't hear)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:52:12] Ewen Le Borgne: The wiki could have the link to the issues
  • [07-Nov-12 18:52:40] Ewen Le Borgne: Basecamp: does it work for you or not?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:52:47] Ewen Le Borgne: If not, we can scrap it
  • [07-Nov-12 18:53:07] Ewen Le Borgne: But we need discipline to update the wiki and use it for our own admin work / documentation
  • [07-Nov-12 18:53:19] Ewen Le Borgne: e.g. planning issues, meeting minutes, ideas for stuff to discuss among us
  • [07-Nov-12 18:53:33] Ewen Le Borgne: (to Lucie) I agree: one platform
  • [07-Nov-12 18:53:37] Ewen Le Borgne: Just the wiki
  • [07-Nov-12 18:53:53] Ewen Le Borgne: And even keep the Ning only for external communication (e.g. with people that are not admins)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:54:19] Ewen Le Borgne: If we want to keep the back and forth between people we'll need the Dgroup
  • [07-Nov-12 18:54:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Sarah has a spreadsheet with all subscribers... (400+) ... what to do with it?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:55:12] Ewen Le Borgne: About dGroups:
  • [07-Nov-12 18:55:33] Ewen Le Borgne: Do we keep that as an interface for people submitting or do we use it for ourselves?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:55:41] Ewen Le Borgne: (and occasional guest editors)
  • [07-Nov-12 18:56:26] Ewen Le Borgne: With Open Access we'll have to remain pragmatic and see how it works with Dgroups
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:18] Ewen Le Borgne: Cant' hear
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:37] Ewen Le Borgne: Wednesday?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:44] Ewen Le Borgne: What was agreed?
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:47] Lucie Lamoureux: first thurs of every monht
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:48] Ewen Le Borgne: I'll send the invite to you all
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:49] Ewen Le Borgne: Ok
  • [07-Nov-12 18:59:55] Ewen Le Borgne: I'll email you all with it
  • [07-Nov-12 19:00:19] Lucie Lamoureux: bye!