Theme: Growth (“ripples”). Seeing the ripples -> waves.
Participants: Bev Traylor, Stef Smits, Natalie Campbell
Question(s): How can we better illustrate/qualify/demonstrate/evidence the difference we make, day in, day out? How can we make process more visible? (How) do we make the messy people stuff more visible and accepatable?
Keywords: Impact Assessment, Scaling up and scaling out, mainstreaming versus specialists., ethics, contextual analysis, assemble the evidence.
KS Approaches: Turning point stories, story competitions, “Voices of the Poor”. Narrative reports, qualitative monitoring, prizes (ex: books, visits), meta-study, be transparent about imputs (ex. time for facilitation)
Additional notes from the discussion:
- analysing, documenting the process as you go.
- identifying stakeholders... process documentation (journalist).
- capture process e.g. stories, comments, on a whiteboard or a wiki.
- field diary - evidence to sustain the impact
- blog, live blogging for travel reports
- MSC (Most Dignificant Change)
- Build into project from its conceptualization
- appreciate what people are already doing
- interviewing and publishing interview