Executive Director of LINGOs
Position Summary: The executive director (ED) is the lead strategist and entrepreneur responsible for aggressive growth and expansion of LINGOs.
The ED is responsible for the performance of LINGOs and works with staff, the Board, volunteers and external partners to assure the quality of the programs, the satisfaction of member agencies and developing a reputation for innovation and excellence.
The ED reports and is accountable to the Board of Directors (the Board) composed of international NGO member representatives and outside specialists. The ED is a voting member of the Board.
• Supervises day-to-day activities • Manages human resources, technology resources and financial resources related * activities and develops office and personnel policies
IMPLEMENTS THE PROGRAM
* Facilitates program development with staff in advance of each term * Facilitates and supports implementation of programs * Troubleshoots low performing programs and takes corrective action * Produces reports that accurately reflect the performance of major programs
MANAGES FINANCIAL OPERATIONS
• Creates and implements resource development programs to provide adequatefunding for the operation of LINGOs. Is the chief fundraiser for the organization • Helps assure financial integrity through proper recording and safeguarding
procedures and oversees the preparation and filing of all tax documents
• Approves expenditures within the range authorized by the Board and oversees the expenditures of staff • Develops the annual budget for Board approval • Provides timely, accurate and complete reports to the Board
• Supports and facilitates recruitment of new members particularly Southern NGOs • Supports and facilitates recruitment of new partners/product donors including Southern partners • Assesses and reports member and partner satisfaction to the Board
PROMOTES COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATION
• Facilitates relationships and communications with all appropriate agencies, consortia, donors and governmental groups and serves as the LINGOs representative with those groups • Represents LINGOs to all media and external inquiry
SUPPORTS THE BOARD AND ITS COMMITTEES
• Assists the Board with agenda planning, background materials, and such other help as the Board may request • Attends Board meetings and reports regularly on issues, progress, problems • Facilitates activities and coordination among committees and with volunteers
Knowledgeable about the field of international development
Knowledgeable about the field of learning
Demonstrated Entrepreneurial instincts
Comfort, experience and passion for technology
Income Generation and Expense Control (P&L) Experience
Experience in being responsible for both the development and expenditure of funds
Experience in raising funds from diverse sources
Knowledge of basic financial reporting tools including Balance Sheet and P&L
Experience managing people ideally in a network organization
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
Desirable to have:
Experience living in developing country
Fluency in a language in addition to English
Advanced degree in an International Development and/or Learning Technology related field
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. Anticipated salary between $80,000 and $95,000 with additional incentive compensation up to 15% determined annually.
Contact: Linda English, Director of Programs, 541 388 7905, cell: 541 550 8930, skype: LindaDEnglish