Contact and database management systems
From: Marilyn Markman, posted on 2009/12/02
Does anybody know of any good programs/software to use for contact and database management?
We are currently working with two networks of practitioners and are searching for:
- a system to store and update network partner's contact information that can be accessed and edited by multiple users;
- a system to manage a wide array of documents and resources that can be accessed and updated by multiple users. This would include categorizing and tagging articles, websites, organizations, initiatives, projects, programs, case studies, and video links in a way that our team could easily access/search these resources and include written descriptions/notes on them.
I appreciate your feedback and experiences!
Capacity Development & Partnerships, WBI Washington, DC
All replies in full are available in the discussion page. Contributions received with thanks from:
- Social profiles for staff - case studies (12 May 2010)
- Social profiles, expert localisation, who's who tools (14 March 2010)
- Use of Yammer for internal organizational networking (9 December 2009)
[the meat of the topic – clearly, crisply communicated summary of the topic. Where relevant, a brief story – no more than 1-2 paragraphs - of how this topic has been turned into practice, ideally from the KM4Dev archives? If the example is long, separate into a separate subsection]
Examples in Application
[One or a few practical examples and references that illustrate the topic or show how it is done in practice]
[Links to publications, websites, contacts and general resources shared in the e-discussion]