Are you trying to identify lessons learned in a project?
From KM4Dev Wiki
Note to Ewen and Jane: I am just putting here what is on the flipchart... I will leave it to you to make sense out of it and correct mistakes in interpretation! See photo on previous page.
Learning from projects
- Local ownership from the start/building on local K/combining local & outside K
- Incorporating lessons from other projects, experiences, etc.
- Horizontal & vertical learning/multi-stakeholder participation
- Aligning M&E and learning
- Bringing out the unintended/How to deal with sensitive information?
- Different mechanisms for: local community/project implementors, partners/external parties
- Lessons for the project stakeholders vs external groups
- Traditional communications channels (& institutions)
- The process of learning is valuable and the culture of work should acknowledge/allow for this
- Participatory context analysis (baseline)- linked to number 1
- Peer assist - linked to number 2
- F-2-F meetings/online CoP - linked to number 3
- After action review - linked to number 4
- Storytelling - linked to number 5
- Triangulation of different methods (ex. AAR + storytelling... but beware of manipulation of stories)
- Create Learning Framework with guiding questions you aim to learn about
- Developmental Evaluation - active reflection, adaptation, action throughout the process of your project